- To provide organizational means for medical women to come together as a professional body and to project its outlook and image in the interests of the Society.
- To promote interest of medical women in different parts of the country and to foster friendship, professional communication and understanding amongst them.
- To encourage and provide opportunities for medical women to identify health problems of the communities they serve and utilize their skills and training in solving or alleviating such problems.
- To promote the education of medical women at all stages and levels with particular emphasis on encouraging young women to enter the medical and related professions;
- To maintain and improve the standard of professional competence and conduct of all members of the medical profession.
- To foster solidarity with other organizations and institutions within and outside Tanzania in advancing the Association’s objectives without changing its status.
- To conduct and promote research in the development of medicine and public health.
- To promote and support members of the medical profession with regard to their education, training, service delivery and other similar interests;
- To assist members of the public in all matters touching upon and ancillary or incidental to their health;
- To establish an effective information center for purpose of enhancing the standard of professional expertise.
- To print, publish and publicize the activities of the Association
- To advocate for policy changes in the health sector in favour of Community well being and medical professionals.
- To do all such other things as may be conducive to the attainment of the foregoing aims and objective or any one of them.