Greetings from Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA!
The Medical Women's Association of Tanzania (MEWATA) is greatly privileged to host the next regional congress of the Near East and Africa region under the theme: "DEVELOPING WORLD TOWARDS ACHIEVING HEALTH RELATED MDGs IN 2015".
This congress will take place from Wednesday 15th - Friday 17th July 2009, at the magnificent Kunduchi Beach Hotel, in Dar Es Salaam.
The Association has the pleasure to invite you on behalf of the Near East and African Region and MWIA to this Fifth Regional Congress and also invites you to make paper presentations at this congress. Kindly find below details of the Congress for your information.
The objectives of the Fifth Regional Congress are as follows:
- To review global progress towards attainment of the Millennium Development Goals.
- To discuss the various stages reached by different countries in the achievement of MDGs including the lessons learnt and best practices.
- To discuss the contribution of Women Medical Professionals and related associations in enhancing the attainment of the MDGs;
- To provide a forum for networking between Near East and African Region member associations and individual members from the region with other MWIA chapters, as well as with CSOs, the Government and other stakeholders in Tanzania.
The topics to be discussed will include the following:
The overview of MDGs and the current global status: where we are and where we are going in the following areas:
- Sexual, Reproductive and Child Health.
- Communicable and Non communicable diseases and conditions.
- Health systems including Human Resource for Health.
- Global partnerships to enhance the attainment of the MDGs.
- Cross cutting matters such as gender, legal and non-health related aspects.
Further elaborations on these topics are reflected in the below scientific information.
Program Format: The program will consist of plenary state of the art presentations, round tables, abstract driven oral and poster presentations. There will also be a young women's forum, targeting members and associate members of MWIA under the age of 30 to present their experiences, and the challenges they face in their career.
MEWATA is looking forward to your active participation and attendance at this historic congress in Dar es Salaam, the Haven of Peace and Tourism.
You are cordially welcome!
Dr. Marina Alois Njelekela,
Chairperson of the Medical Women's Association of Tanzania
On behalf of the Organising Committee
Tel: +255-787- 878218